Wednesday, October 01, 2008

WE'RE PREGNANT!!!

I just want to shout it from the rooftops! I can't believe it really happened. This really is proof that God listens to our prayers! I think I was in shock on Monday. Then, Tuesday I kept thinking that I shouldn't get my hopes up because every time I do something happens. But now that we know for sure, I'm just so excited that I don't know what to do with myself! :)

I went in for a blood test this morning to confirm the pregnancy. We needed the hormone level to double from a 234 on Monday to at least a 400 or more today. My HCG was a 662! So, we really are pregnant!

The nurse told me that she was fairly sure without doing the blood test that we were pregnant because of the high number from Monday. And I know lots of people have been asking if a high number means it could be twins, so I asked her the same question. She said that a person with only one could have a high number like I did, so no, that does not necessarily mean twins. But, someone with twins is unlikely to have a low number. So, if my HCG had been low, then it would have probably ruled out twins. Since it was high though, it really could be anybody's guess as to whether both embryo's made it or just one. We won't be able to find out for sure until our ultrasound on 10/17, but as soon as we do know I promise to tell you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cory, I am SO happy for you guys. I know this blessing has been a long time coming and that makes it even more special. I will pray for health and safety for you and the baby (babies?) PLEASE keep blogging!
Lindsey