Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hard to Eat

I think morning sickness (actually afternoon/evening sickness better describes it) has set in. It's been really hard for me to find something that doesn't make me gag since about Friday. Meat is the worst, and I'm generally a real meat lover. When my cousin Lesa and I were small I would eat the meat off of my plate and she would eat the vegetables off of hers, then we would switch when Granny wasn't looking so we could eat what we liked and still have a clean plate. I guess pregnancy has changed that! About the only things that sound appetizing are fruits and some vegetables. My books say this is pretty normal and I should start to feel like my old self again in a few weeks. But, in the meantime, going to the grocery store is not a fun experience. Randy and I went on Sunday and I thought I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I'm so excited to be pregnant, and I absolutely know that this nausea is all for a good cause, but I can't wait for this part to pass!

We went to a new doctor yesterday morning. We had another ultrasound and he said everything looked good and the babies appeared to be developing normally. Their heartbeats were much faster, 147 and 126. This past Thursday when we heard the heartbeats for the first time, they were 111 and 110. However, they had just started beating at that time. The heart starts to beat sometime between 6 weeks 2 days and 6 weeks 4 days. We were at 6 weeks 4 days on Thursday, so by Monday We were 7 weeks 1 day. Isn't it amazing how much stronger they grow in such a short period of time?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will pass sooner than you think and the second trimester is a breeze!!! FYI I'm planning on getting my flu shot this week and if your doctor recommends one for you check out the no preservetive mercury free flu shot. Worth the $35 to have one that isn't linked to autism.(Even though they don't know for sure it great to get a more natural version) Just thought you might like to know that they have that one available.

Cory said...

I don't think I'm supposed to have a flu shot until the end of my first trimester. At least when I asked about it a couple of weeks ago they told me not to get one yet. Think it will still be worth it to get one in December?

Jen said...

I didn't have much "morning sickness" in my first trimester, but had an aversion to meat that lasted the WHOLE pregnancy...sorry...I know that doesn't help much...but, I'm really sorry to Randy too. Poor John hardly got fed anything when I was pregnant. He doesn't like vegetables and that's all I wanted. The taste and smell of meat just was not appetizing. I would usually stomach a few bites, but was done after that. Even the smell of the grill made my stomach turn...and we were people who grilled 3-4 nights a week. It really sucked. Although, it wasn't all that bad for me...more so for John.

Cory said...

Yes! That's exactly how I feel right now. Randy smoked some pork roasts the other night and finished them in the oven. They dripped to the bottom of the oven and I literally threw up Sunday night when he was cleaning it out just because of the smell. And, the smell from his cooker makes me want to run the other direction. I do feel sorry for him...we've had PB&J, grilled cheese, and pasta for the last three nights because I can't handle anything else. He's being really sweet about tolerating it so far. Randy's a champ!