Thursday, October 16, 2008

Heartbeats

I know I should have posted an update by now. I'm sorry! I've been nervous about posting because last week when we went to have our ultrasound, my doctor made me a little skittish about announcing publicly that we were going to have TWINS! But, we had another ultrasound this morning and heard the heartbeats. So even though we are still in a very risky time frame for the pregnancy, I decided to share our very exciting news with everyone. As you can imagine, we are both elated and a little overwhelmed. I know that we were blessed with the unbelievable gift of two little babies because of all the prayers we have received. The chances of just one of our frozen embryos attaching and developing after the transfer was about 30%. The odds that both would attach and develop were less than 5%. So, as the doctor said, we continue to defy his odds! :) I want to ask for all of your continued prayers for a safe and successful journey for our developing babies. Having two is extremely exciting, but it also comes with a higher risk of complications. When we get to 8 weeks, we will feel a lot better, and then at 12 weeks we will be pretty much in the clear. Randy and I know what a great support system we have, and we appreciate you all so much. Thank you for all of your prayers. This miracle is proof that prayers work!

This morning both of the babies looked like they were developing appropriately. It was so sweet to see and hear their little hearts beat. It's just amazing that they develop so quickly from appointment to appointment! We have another ultrasound on Monday and then another on Thursday, October 30. At this point we're still going to our infertility doctor, Dr. Jabara, but we will start with our OB soon. Unfortunately having twins is considered a high risk pregnancy, so we will also be visiting a high risk maternity doctor as well.

My mom was convinced that we were going to have twins because of a dream that she had the night before we found out we were pregnant. Now that she was right about that, she thinks that it's going to be two girls. I am hoping for one boy and one girl, but have a feeling that it's going to be two boys. We won't be able to settle this until December or January, since that will be about the earliest we can tell the sex of the babies. It's going to be hard to wait that long!

No comments: