Thursday, March 22, 2007

New Dates

After our follow up visit with the doctor last week we have discovered we will have to push things back to at least May or possibly June. Everything looked okay during the surgery, but I just wasn't where he wanted me to be in terms of having the best chance of conceiving during the transfer if we had gone ahead with it this month. That was really hard to hear, but I'm glad he's looking out for our best chances and not just interested in making more money with subsequent tries if it doesn't work the first time.

During the whole process we have been told not to get our hopes up and not to start becoming emotionally attached to the idea of conceiving. We even had to do a psycological profile to determine our state of mind before our doctor would take me as a patient. I thought this was silly and I was just going to go through the motions and not counting on anything. If it happens, it happens. We know our paths have already been laid out, and we're just walking down them. My friends that have gone through this have been telling me to keep a close tab on where I was emotionally with the process because it would hit me all at once if I didn't. Well, I had been saying, and I truly believed, that I wasn't getting too heavily invested with it. However, when my doctor said that he didn't think we were going to be ready for the April transfer, it hit me. I cried. And I felt a huge disappointment. But, I've gotten over it and decided that it will be a miracle no matter when it happens. I'll tell you though, if I go a lifetime without hearing "If you quit trying so hard it will happen," it will be just fine with me!

No comments: