Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I'm Awake!

So I had a little day surgery today. No big deal, mostly because of some really good drugs! Seriously, I usually hate anesthesia and pain medicine because it makes me feel woozy. But, I talked to them about that, and the anesthesiologist promised to give me "the good stuff". I think it worked! The last thing I remember before the surgery was talking to one of the doctors that was going to be assisting, and noticed the anesthesiologist giving me a shot in my IV. I asked if he was trying to keep me quiet, and then I thought that was the funniest thing I had ever heard! I remember they were lifting me from my gurney over to the OR table and I couldn't stop giggling. They asked me if I was having a good time...then ca put. I was out. But I woke up to Randy sitting right beside my bed smiling and asking me if I felt alright. Then I saw Mary Jane there, and couldn't even make myself talk. I just smiled like there wasn't a thing going on in the world. I woke up a little later and Randy asked me if I remembered talking about Leslie being there. I knew I had seen Mary Jane, but apparently her phone rang and it had Leslie's ring tone, "True Colors" by Cyndi Lauper (Make your own judgements on that one! :) )and I thought I was talking to her too. I had some odd dreams, but nothing too write about. I slept the drunk feeling off all day today, so now I'm worried I'll be up all night...

So, the surgery was to make sure I didn't have any fibroids or polyps in my uterus, and to be sure it was tilted right. The doctor talked to Randy while I was in recovery and apparently, everything is in the right spot and I didn't have anything I wasn't supposed to. Whew! I guess that's a relief! I have a follow up appointment on the 15th, so I will find out where we go from here. Since we have decided to go ahead with IVF, we set a game plan at our last appointment. Of course it's subject to change, but we have tentatively scheduled the retrieval on April 17th and the embryo transfer to be 3 or 5 days after that. Hopefully, I will find out next week that that is still the case. I will let you know more then!

And, I haven't forgotten to update you on my cousins! Tim is doing well in California. I hear he's really glad to be home and trying to get back to normal. He will have surgery on his middle finger on March 28th. He will have to fly back to Bethesda in Washington to have it done. He has a new email, pratherta@yahoo.com, for those of you that didn't get HR's email. And on that note, Hello Havin's/Haven's Family!!! Glad to have you visiting! My other cousin, Kalvin, has been at home and doing very well. He has been accepted in a physical therapy program in Galveston. This is really great news and the next step in getting him where he needs to be as far as being his old self again. I don't know how anyone could look at these two examples and not know that the Lord really does work miracles through prayer.

I have seen all of the comments to Randy's post, and I have already let him know he will have to be a feature blogger more often! We do love hearing from you all! Thanks for all of your prayers and encouragement. Until next time...Good Night, and Good Bye Captain America!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Retreival on April 17th? That's my birthday!!! It's a good day and good omen - YAY!!! Miss you, love you - Kala

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that all seems to be going well. Can't wait to hear the good news!!!! I will be checking your blog for it.

Erin