Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy 2007!

And just like that, 2006 is gone. Can you believe that it's been 7 years since we were preparing for Y2K and the massive power outages that was supposed to bring. It seems like just a little while ago we were partying like it was 1999!

Randy and I spent New Year's in Ruiodoso. It was pretty low key, but still a good time. The scenery was beautiful with fresh snow on the ground. Maybe a little too much snow, since we couldn't make it up the mountain the first day we were there. We left our car at the bottom and had Beth and Chad with their 4 wheel drive Jeep come get us. The road was steep and was packed with ice. It was pretty, but very slippery! Once again, I left my camera at home, so I have no pictures yet. I will get Beth to send me hers so you can see Randy and Beth "sledding" on the road in front of the cabin.

Well, 2006 was good to Randy and I, but I have a feeling that 2007 might be even better. We have our first appointment with the infertility doctor on Thursday. We're starting diets and looking forward to getting in shape this year. I know that sounds like a typical resolution that is made to be broken, but I think we will feel better just by exercising a little bit. Randy got a guitar for Christmas, so he's learning to play it. I'm listening to chords that are supposed to resemble a Cory Morrow song (I think!) as I type this. My job is fantastic, and I'm excited about continuing into the new year learning about it. Randy is getting a taste of what management is all about and is doing a wonderful job. Everything is great so far, and I will keep you posted on any changes!

No comments: