Friday, January 26, 2007

Your prayers are working!

Kalvin has been moved out of ICU and into his own room! He will still have lots of recovery, but he has walked a few steps and can sit in a chair for short periods of time. We aren't sure how much therapy, or even what kinds of therapy, he will need yet, but this is a great indication!

My dad's family is the kind that likes to give plenty of support, and the more they can do in person the better. I am also this kind of a person, so it makes me feel really good to see them all come together. Basically, most of the family on my dad's side have been camped out at the hospital. Some of them day and night, just to make sure my Aunt Ruth doesn't have to wish for anything, including just an ear to talk to. I've always loved having a big family, and seeing how these brothers and sisters have come together, and even how many of us cousins are involved, I rememeber why I think a big family is the way to go. What a wonderful network yor family can be!

No comments: