Monday, May 14, 2007

A Great Weekend!

I hope you all had a good Mother's Day weekend! It was great weather to get out and enjoy the sun. We sure made the most of it! On Saturday, Randy and I went to the lake and got there in time to get the boat out and bask in the afternoon sun. Neither of us rode the tube or skied though. I don't think Randy trusted me to pull him behind the boat. Humph! And, since I was being a real girl and didn't want to get my hair wet, we just spent the afternoon riding on the water. It was so relaxing. We got the boat put up and the grill ready just in time for Randy's parents, Don and Karen, to meet us at the lake house for dinner. Randy cooked some really good steaks and grilled corn on the cob. Then, after dinner, Don, Randy, and I played dominoes. I know Don would comment that I can't say it without smiling, but I won! I never win at dominoes! :) On Sunday we drove into Dallas and met Randy's sister and her husband, Gina and Trey, for lunch and then we all went to the Ranger's game. Since I've known Randy, we've been to quite a few baseball games, but I think this was probably the most exciting one. There were 8 home runs, pitchers throwing at players, ejections, and then the game winning walk-off home run in the bottom of the ninth. It couldn't have been better! Of course, going to a Sunday afternoon game in Dallas did mean that we didn't get home until about midnight, but since it was such a good game it was worth it. I may not be a mother, but I had a great Mother's Day!

Speaking of not being a mother...We are still on track to have the retrieval on May 23rd. I am currently giving myself 3 different injections each day. My doctor told me today that my ovaries are responding really well to the stimulation, so that sounds encouraging. Hopefully, everything will continue to go smoothly. But, as you know, I will keep you updated.

No comments: