Friday, November 24, 2006

Thank goodness Thanksgiving is over...


It was a great time, but Whew! I was tired! My mom's family came to my house again this year. I really love hosting Thanksgiving. It makes me feel good to have everyone there to eat, visit, and enjoy each others company. As Lesa said, "Another successful Thanksgiving!" We did all miss one member of our family this year. Even though it wasn't mentioned, Granny's absence was noticed by everyone. One bright spot: Glen's mom, Grandma Brewer, was able to be in town and spend the holiday with us. It was really good having her with us for the meal. Randy smoked two turkey breasts, and my mom and Aunt Sherry prepared a huge spread of sides to go along with. We had some guests this year from New York. Our friends Andrew and Stephanie came and brought his parents. They graciously brought a real New York cheesecake to help with the dessert table. Wow, now that was fantastic!

Now, let's usher in Christmas! I think that's my favorite holiday of the year. Although I do enjoy getting to spend Thanksgiving with my family, I really enjoy the celebrations that accompany the Christmas season. I love the parties and the festivities and all of the wonderful food that comes along with it. Earlier today I joked that I had to get decorated because I only have 30 days left before Christmas is over. Well, at least it was kind of a joke. It's true! We only have 30 days left to squeeze in all of the Christmas plays, Santa's Workshops, and Christmas light looking we can stand for the next year. I even love the mall at Christmas. Most people can't stand it, but I'm a little different I guess. I like the hustle and bustle of everyone shopping for goodies. I think it's a great atmosphere! Well, can't type any longer...gotta get started! I'm already running behind!

No comments: