Saturday, February 16, 2008

Valentine's Day

I think that not celebrating Valentine's Day is becoming more and more popular. So many people now pick other days to celebrate, like St. Patrick's day or the Friday before Valentine's. It's amazing how much money is saved on flowers, not to mention time spent trying to find a seat in a good restaurant! Well, although I do see the argument for not making a big deal out of February 14th, Randy and I braved the crowds. We had a great dinner and I got beautiful flowers delivered to my office. And, what did I get Honey? Well, Randy read an issue of Texas monthly a few months back that talked about wet-aging steaks. Ever since then he has been talking about getting a vacuum sealer and aging his own steaks at home. So, I finally got him one for Valentine's Day. He was definitely more thrilled than he would have been with any kind of typical Valentine's gift like candy or a cookie bouquet. It was a win-win for both of us. He gets a new toy gadget and I get good steak. Yum!

No comments: