Sunday, August 17, 2008

Olympic Fever

Well, it's here. Olympic fever has hit me full blown. I don't know why, but for a few weeks every four years I just get so excited about sports that I never even give a second thought to the other three plus years in between. Maybe it's just the thrill of watching our US team competing and winning on a world stage that suddenly makes fencing interesting. Did you know that there is a sport called Hand Ball? It's really kind of silly, but I watched it this morning. We didn't get any USA Hand Ball medals, but I still sat glued to it. And, then the table tennis and badminton is just so ridiculous. The ping pong teams actually had a substitute ready to spring into action in a moments notice if the need should arise. They took themselves so serious that you had to laugh. But, swimming on the other hand, was just exciting to the very end. We never hear about any swim meets until the Olympics, but this year has to have made an impression on anyone with a television set. And congratulations to our girls gymnastics teams. I thought they all competed with real heart! By the way, who really believes that any members of the Chinese team are really 16? Who do they think they are fooling? That's just bad sportsmanship if you ask me. But, they didn't ask me, so I guess the competition will go on. Oops, got to go! Track is starting and I want to see our three ladies compete against the three Jamaican women in the 100M sprint. GO USA!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I was right there with ya sista! I'm having withdrawals this week and I don't know what to do with myself. 16!?!?!? PSSSHT!